Pride and PrejudiceDVD - 1995
Featured Blogs and Events
“It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife” Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. These are the first words that you read when you open the book. The words that set the scene for the entire novel and the words that have kept readers enchanted with the novel for 205 years. Pride and Prejudice, originally entitled Fi… (more)
From the critics
QuotesAdd a Quote
Mrs. Gardiner (to Elizabeth Bennet, after the coach finally approaches a glimpse of Darcy's breathtaking mansion): "I think one would be willing to put up with a good deal to be Mistress of Pemberley..."
You have delighted us long enough. Give the other young ladies time to exhibit.
- Mr Wickham, that half the town was mad in love with....A very demon from hell sent to ruin us!
- I have heard he's run up debts with every reputable tradesman in the town.
- I have heard tales of gaming debts!
- Oh, sister!
- Of drunken routs, in which more things were broken than heads and furniture, sister!
- Oh, sister, stop!
- Debauches, intrigues, seductions! They say there's hardly a tradesman in the town whose daughters were not meddled with!
AgeAdd Age Suitability
SummaryAdd a Summary
There are no summaries for this title yet.
There are no notices for this title yet.